Links & Resources
- WebMD is a website known for its medical information. WebMD has information regarding health and health care, including a symptom checklist, pharmacy information, drug information, and blogs of physicians with specific topics, as well as a place to store personal medical information. You can find answers to almost any question you have about sickness, diseases, and health solutions.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention works to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S.
- Use this link to take the Pre-Diabetes Screening Test. Click on the blue box to the right to take the test.
- The Barron County Aging and Disability Resource Center offers several healthy living programs. Learn more by clicking on the link above.
- The Thrive Barron County website offers information on diabetes prevention, mental health and alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Diabetes Local is a website that offers links to local and relevant diabetes resources and education on self-care behaviors.
- Website for those interested in fitness and building muscles. Gives examples of exercises and different fitness routines.
- CalorieKing is an online weight loss club with content centered around healthy eating and exercise (“calories in, calories out”). As well as offering help for people who wish to lose weight, there are also programs and support for those who want to maintain their current weight, or to gain weight.
- Health.gov is your portal for health related resources and news from the US government. Find prevention topics, dietary and physical activity guidelines, and more!
- MyPyramid Tracker is an online dietary and physical activity assessment tool that provides information on your diet quality, physical activity status, related nutrition messages, and links to nutrient and physical activity information.
- A nonprofit organization designed to increase consumption of fruits and vegetables to 5 or more servings a day to improve health of Americans.
- ($29.00/year) – The StretchClock Web Reminder is a customizable stretch reminder. It is counting down a timer right now. When the timer reaches zero, StretchClock launches a video of simple no-sweat exercises that you can do at your desk in business attire.
- Big Stretch is a free simple reminder tool that prompts a user to take regular breaks and helps prevent the symptoms of RSI.